Friday 26 March 2010

MOMENTUM

Hi.
Ok.
THIS
IS
GREAT!

A few weeks ago i got an interview with this association called Lancelot Europe.

It is a very smart principle: they are hired by the owner of a unused building (it may be anything: a cinema, a theater, public showers, office building, etc. etc...) and legally rent the space to young people, so the place isn't squatted.

When I went to see them they told me not to get excited because they had a two year waiting list.
They called me yesterday. They had a place for me.

Ok, now read twice: it's an office building at Richard Lenoir, between Republique and Bastille. It's 7600m2 (81 806 square feet). Yes, that's right.
There'll be 14 of us living there. The sleeping rooms are 30m2 each (322 square feet). There is a terrace, a conference room with a 20m long solid wood table, a library, 2 kitchens, 5 floors... I was there for 40 min today and i think i didn't even get to see 25 % of it.

The best part: I pay 200 euros a month for all that.

SWEEEET!

So of course I'm not moving to Marcadet Poissonniers anymore. I really dreaded the moment of telling Camille and Alice, the roomates, that I was not gonna move in. I was really tempted to lie, say that I had to go out of the country, that I'd lost all my money, etc.... but i decided I had to tell the truth. They were great, understanding, friendly. So not parisiennes! I will stay in touch with them.

So now, so many doors are open. This place can become an amazing arts center where my friends and me can rehearse, CREATE and even showcase our productions.

Dear artist friend: you are invited too! Share your love. Bring plants. Stay over.

Love
Leclette

No comments:

Post a Comment